Thursday, April 1, 2010

Where is the Compassion?





All Donations will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!



Yesterday I decided to post a craigslist listing which included a link to my blog. I have become increasinly desperate in my current medical situation and I am trying to get the help that I need. The last thing that I ever wanted to have to do is ask for donations, to help me with my medical care.


I have already gotten cruel comments calling me a begger, accusing me of lying, suggesting that now I can get healthcare because of the passage of the Healthcare Reform Bill. Well yes the the bill is passed, but as an adult with a pre-exsiting condition it will be months before I could be eligible. I am in need of immediate medical care now.


I know their are people who are cruel and uncompassionate. I knew deep down inside that their would be people who would say cruel things. But it still hurts. If they could see my body all broken out with Psoriasis and my legs and tendon and ligaments swollen to the extent that I can barely walk from the bedroom to the bathroom a few steps from the bedroom. If they could feel my pain and despair, just maybe they would have some compassion.They do not have to donate anything to me.


I just wish that people would just stop and think about the comments that they make, because people are hurting and people are suffering, just as I am. One day their body will attack them, leaving them in a desperate situation. It is a struggle each day for me not to just give up.








No comments:

Post a Comment