Friday, March 19, 2010

I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT HEALTHCARE









I have none. I am uninsured. I cannot obtain healthcare insurance because I have a pre-exsisting condition. In September 2009 I was hospitalized and diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis. The hospital that I was taken to by ambulance, because I was very sick and barley able to stand and walk, discharged me after six days. The Doctor said to me, we are releasing you and you are going to have to find a doctor as an outpatient. I could barely walk or stand, and I could only walk or stand for short periods of time only with the assistance of the walker. I was still in so much physical pain. I was not even offered physical therapy.




It was only the kindness of a nurse who allowed me to take the hospital walker home, the doctors did not care, she walked out of the room after telling me that she was releasing me with no concern about the fact that I could barely walk. The doctors did not care about me because I was just another uninsured person of which they did not want to waste anymore money on. Their actions hurt me both physically and emotionally. They made me feel so bad, they made me feel worthless. They made me feel that my life was worthless because I was uninsured.




This is my own personal experience. I sit here now day after day suffering crying and worrying about my health and my fate. The healthcare system in America is broken. President Barack Obama is trying to do the "Moral" and just thing by fighting for Healthcare Reform and banning insurance companies from denying people healthcare insurance because they have a pre-exsisting condition.




Why is it that the American Citizens in this country who have the least have to suffer the most, when they are uninsured and became sick? Why are the less fortunate in America not entitled to the same type of healthcare as a US Senator or Congressman, or congresswoman? The tax payers pay for their Healthcare for life and not just for them their families as well. The rich, and wealthy to include many wealthy millionaires some of which have never been in touch with the common man or woman of which they do not care to, because they do not have a clue what the real world is like. Some preside in the position just for a hobby and just for the power.




So the bottom line is in America the richest country in the world if you are rich, extremely wealthy or work for congress you have more than a better chance of saving your life. If you are poor you fend for yourself, suffer and just die, needlessly just because you are a have not.




This is not about Democrats or Republicans. This is not about Politics. This is about Human Beings. I am tired of suffering in physical and now emotional pain as an uninsured American Citizen. My hospital bills added up to over $30,000 for "SIX DAYS" That is $5,000.00 "PER DAY". I have absolutely no way of paying the doctors and hospital bills.




I cannot even afford to pay the follow-up medical care that I need before my medical condition deterioates and it will and that is a fact. I have Psoriatic Arthritis. I suffer all day and everyday with the psoriasis skin breakouts all over my body and the pain and swelling of my tendons and ligaments. I cannot even sleep soundly at night, due to the swelling and numbness of my tendons and ligaments. I have to force myself to stay up as long as I can, even though I just want to lay down and and just be able to sleep without the pain and discomfort.




So I live each day suffering in pain barely able to walk from my bedroom to the bathroom with the walker that the kind nurse allowed me to take with a promise to bring it back, when I get better and no longer needed it. I promised her I would do that, but I have not gotten better, and I will not get better without the proper Healthcare that I need.




I found a Psoriatic Reseach study while trying not to just give up, as I am trying so hard to fight and not give up, that is a struggle that I face every waking hour of the day. Unfortunately for me the, Psoriatic research study is 26 miles from where I live. I live in an apartment on the second floor, with steep concrete stairs. I can barely walk, the last time I left the apartment was in October 2009 when I went to a follow-up appointment at one of those pay as you go clinics, of which I was barely able to come up with the $85.00 cost. The clinic was one of those Urgent Care clinic that are everywhere now.




The entire time that I was at the Urgent Care Clinic, not one person came in the clinic, except for the mother of the receptionist who brought her daughter her dinner. I was there for atleast two hours. I was not impressed by the doctor. I just felt uneasy. I did not feel the caring and compassion. I would hope that their are some doctors who are still caring an compassionate, and that it is just not all about the money. I hope that their are doctors who are helping some of the uninsured people who cannot afford to pay.




This is "America" "The Greatest Country In The World" This is not the "Greatest Country In The World", America and it's people should be ashamed! This country is currently and had been for decades been denying The American citizens the basic right to have Healthcare Insurance if they cannot afford it!




Healthcare Reform must be passed Now! enough with the politics, human lives are at stake! Passing Healthcare Reform is the "Moral" and just thing to do. If their are any caring and compassionate people out there who would like to help me raise donations for my medical condition Psoriatic Arthritis donations can be made via Paypal @ moonstruck1724@aol.com I can supply verification of my medical condition and my medical bills.



This is my Life and this is my story.


















No comments:

Post a Comment